The DR5 system comprises:
- DR5A host controller; and
- DR5V high-voltage chuck power supply with adaptive grip and release.
The DR5A can communicate using its
- serial RS-232port,
- parallel port,
- optional rear 26-pin programmable GPIO digital and analog port.
The High Voltage DR5V module comes in two basic forms;
- mounted in a grounded case,
- mechanically identical to the DR6VI;
- without bias or peak-to-peak voltage monitoring;
DR5V basic high voltage module,
- mechanically identical to the DR6V, and roughly palm-sized;
The DR5 multidrop system accepts other modules in parallel with the DR5V ...
For example, the DR5P yields 4 additional high voltage channels,
- for 6-output, 3-phase +/-6kV ac chuck drive with palm-sized electronics:
The DR5P also has a multichannel analog and digital GPIO,
- enabling sensors and actuators at the chuck head.
The DR5M is a servomotor drive, shown to the left; requiring a DR5S power supply.
All of these modules communicate over the same coaxial power line
- through a coupling antenna to the DR5A base station,
- which can deliver up to 75W for a usable 50W of power at the isolated chuck head.